Our last week of “regular quizzes” before Fall Brawl season starts! Really fun picture round this week. To join us, sign up here!
Well the SUMMER SLAM is over but the Summer is not, and so we’ve got some more quizzing to do. Hope you’ll join us over the next three weeks. You can sign up here. We’ll keep track of our highest scores each week and we’ll have some new official rankings along the way. Sign ups are still $35, with $5 of each one going to the Poor People’s Economic Human Rights Campaign. Hope to see ya again soon!
Our topic this week: True Crime. Famous crimes, crime podcasts, true crime on TV, you name it, we’ll have it. Hope to see you this week!
In the lead up to our big Office quiz on Sunday, our theme this week is professionals. Because if there’s one thing we pride ourselves on here at JGT Quizzo, it’s professionalism. LOL, just kidding. So expect questions about various occupations: from teachers to bartenders to used car salesmen. We’ll see ya this week!
If you want to play this week and aren’t in the SUMMER SLAM! you can sign up here.
After taking off the 5th, we’ll be back this Sunday with a fundraiser the Broad Street Ministry, who do tremendous work with the city’s homeless. One of their many programs is the Clothing Closet, which last year distributed over 15,000 articles of clothing. It’s free to play, and 50% of all tips on Sunday night will go to BSM. Hope you’ll join us this Sunday at 8 PM.
We are going to be raising money once again for the Young Fathers United. We raised $85 for them this past Sunday, let’s see if we can get over $100 this Sunday. As always the quiz is free, though we do encourage a donation, as it helps out our fellow Philadelphians in need.
Thank you to everyone who has donated so far…Since we started in late March, Sunday Night Quizzo Lab has raised over $2000 for orgs such as PPEHRC, the Anderson Monarchs, and Nourished. Furthermore, with $20 of each teams buy in for SUMMER SLAM going to PPEHRC, we just raised another $1000 for them this week. If anyone wants to go beyond donating to the quiz, and instead wants to volunteer for any of the wonderful organizations that we’re fundraising for, shoot me a line (johnny at johnnygoodtimes.com) and I’ll get you in touch with the right people.
Wanna sign up for this Sunday? You can do so here.
Our theme this week: MOVIES.
Wanna see your team on the Top 20 list? Join the SUMMER SLAM! and see how you fare from week to week. Shout out to our six teams who make their first appearance on the Top 20 this week.
- Social Distance Warriors (same). Tied for the 5th highest score this past week. A finalist in both of our tourneys, they head into Summer Slam as our top seed.
- Underground Bard (same). Their win in the World Cup keeps them at #2 for now, but after a 13th place finish this past week, the #3 team is breathing down their necks.
- Cool Cats and Kittens (+3). They’ve dominated many Sunday nights, and now they’ve been #1 on back to back weeks of regular season games. They could be #1 within a week.
- Boys II Menehune (-1). Took the week off, but finished 3rd last week.
- Zodiac Killer (+1). Second highest score last week, 9th highest this week.
- Expired Walmart Meat (-2). Tied for 4th last week, tied for 10th this week.
- Lambda (+1). An impressive 2nd place performance this week.
- Yacht Rock (+2). Tied for 4th last week, 4th this week.
- Careless Fister (-2). Tied for 5th this past week.
- Au Bon Pandemic (Previously unranked). Tied for 4th last week, tied for 5th this week.
- Covid’s Metamorpheses (Previously unranked). Tied for 5th this week, and tied for 7th last week.
- Hot Bleach Injection (Previously unranked). These New Kids on the Block have a bunch of hits! 7th place last week, 3rd Place this week.
- Duane’s World (-1). Tied for 13th this past week.
- Super Spreaders (Previously unranked). Tied for 16th this past week, 10th last week.
- Sofa Kingdom (-4). Slip slidin’ away.
- Pop Fit Studio (previously unranked). 21st last week, 10th this week.
- Branch Covidians (-8). Didn’t play this week, 14th last week.
- L Ron Hubbard (-3). 15th last week, 29th this week.
- Babysitter’s Fight Club (-2). 16th last week, a complete train wreck this week.
- Stately Plump Buck Mulligans (Previously Unranked). 13th last week, 21st this week.
For those of you who have signed up and made a deposit for SUMMER SLAM! feel free to sign up for the first four weeks of SUMMER SLAM! You can pick your QM and your time for each week. No signing up for a slot until you’ve signed up and made your teams deposit. Sign ups are here.
Wanna know more about SUMMER SLAM!? You can find more info here.
Please note, I’m on vacation for Week 3, so teams can sign up for me for weeks 1, 2, and 4 but grab someone else for Week 3.
Carl’s gonna take the reins on Sunday night for this week’s quiz. Which, as several of you have rubbed in my face lately, is JUST FINE. If I hear one more time, “Carl would have given us credit for that” or “Carl’s quiz is so much more fun” I’m going to lose it. Jerks.
Anyways, if you want to sign up for a special Father’s Day edition of the quiz, you can do so here. I’m psyched about the charity we’re raising money for on Sunday as well. Young Fathers United works with young fathers in the Philadelphia area, some of whom have never had a father figure in their own lives but who want to be good dads. 50% of tips this Sunday night will go to YFU.
I spoke with the gentleman who runs the organization, Archye. They run three 13-week programs each year and he told me that due to COVID, funding was becoming an issue, and he was incredibly thankful that we were reaching out. If you’d like to donate and aren’t playing the quiz you can still donate by venmoing me at @jgtquizzo and posting YFU in the note, or you can go directly to their website and donate there.
Last week our baseball quiz raised over $600 for the Anderson Monarch baseball program, we raised $200 for the Nourished Nurse Program at Penn, and we have raised over $1000 for the Poor People’s Economic Human Rights campaign in the past three months. I cannot thank you guys enough for your generosity! I’m pretty damn lucky to be surrounded by such an awesome group of people. (Except for those of you who heckle me about Carl. Come on, he’s not THAT good. Geez.)
Here ya go, gang, sign ups are live for this week’s quizzes! $35 to play, just your team with a quizmaster of their own, with $5 going to charity.
Shout out to Cool Cats and Kittens whose score of 50 was the highest of anyone last week. Here are our full final standings. We’ll see how this affects our top 20, coming out later this week!
|1. Cool Cats and Kittens||50|
|2. Zodiac Killer$||49|
|3. Backstreet Boys II Menehune||48|
|4. Au Bon Pandemic||47|
|T-4. Expired Walmart Meat||47|
|T-4. Yacht Rock||47|
|7. Covid’s Metamorphoses||46|
|T-7. Hot Bleach Injection (aka Bologna Strong)||46|
|9. Kings of Leon||45|
|10. Super Spreaders||43|
|T-10. The Quarantiners||43|
|T-10. Hallmark Hot||43|
|13. Stately Plump Buck Mulligans||42|
|14. Branch Covidians||41|
|15. L Ron Hubbard||40|
|T-15. Lambda Lambda Lambda||40|
|16. Missing Wuhan Scientists||39|
|T-16. The Covidiots||39|
|T-16. Sofa Kingdom||39|
|T-16. Babysitters Fight Club||39|
|21. Pop Fit Studio||37|
|23. Quiz on My Face||36|
|T-23. Hydroxychloroquine Latifa||36|
|T-23. Quick Question||36|
|26. Below Basic||35|
|T-26. Synchronized Trampoline||35|
|T-26. The Missing Heads||35|
|29. City Tap||33|
|31. Together Alone||32|
|T-31. Meat Sweats||32|
|T-31. Cark in a Whig||32|
|34. Dobby’s Sock||31|
|T-34. Not Last place||31|
|T-34. Carole’s Husband||31|
|37. Brandon Muthafuckin’ Grotesque||29|
|38. Joshy Rich’s Close Touch Salon||27|
|39. There’s no I||25|
|40. What About Bob?||24|
|T-40. Socially Distant||24|