Duane’s World pulled off a perfect impossible round to record a 133-126 win over the #1 Government Team Competitor, with the Pogs of Tortuga finishing 3rd. It was Duane’s World’s first Autumn Invitational win, and marked the 2nd straight year that a Black Sheep team won the prestigious event (last year it was Blazing Sea Nuggets). It was a spirited matchup, with 11 teams entering the final round within two questions of the lead. The Pogs of Tortuga held the lead after 4 rounds, but missed two questions in the final round to finish in 3rd.
We learned quite a few things at this year’s invitational. We learned that William Shatner covered Pulp, that the first jukebox was installed at a bar in 1889, and that the deepest a human has dived underwater without any aid is 331 feet (here’s a short documentary on that diver, William Trubridge).
Alright, so here are last night’s scores (and each team’s home bar). And congrats to Duane’s World on their huge win.
- Duane’s World (Black Sheep) 133
- #1 Government Team Competitor (The Vous) 126
- Pogs of Tortuga (City Tap/Black Sheep) 125
- Encyclopedophiles (O’Neals) 119
- Ruby Tuesday (Bards) 115
- Boo-Urns (Industry) 114
- Jitney Spears (Black Sheep) 111
- Imaginary Pablo and the Goat (Industry) 108
- Satan’s MInions (Black Sheep) 102
- Serbian Donkey Cheese (Bards) 97
- The Real Chip K (Sidecar) 95
- Exhausted Nihilists (Industry) 93
- Inkspot (North Star) 93