Congrats to the Sofa Kingdom, who won Quizzo Bowl X on board the Spirit of Philadelphia. To say we all had a blast would be a bit of an understatement. Everything from the food to the weather to the band was incredible. And with so many people getting dressed up, and Lifesaver rounds, and a Kriss Kross/Christopher Cross mashup, and the band playing yacht rock, it was every bit as ridiculous as I hoped it would be.
As far as the quiz itself, I’ll be honest, I got a little unnerved by the Jeopardy team and probably made the quiz a little harder than I should have, especially the music round. If we do it again next year I will definitely make it an easier quiz. But I thought the Mad Lib round and the Lifesaver round were pretty fun wrinkles to the usual questions, and I was happy with the difficulty level of the Impossible Round.
Thanks to each and every person who climbed on board the ship. Oh, and I contacted the ship this morning to ask about the trophy, which I left on board. I’ll let you know when I hear back. D’oh!
Here are your final scores.
- Sofa Kingdom 133
- THe Life Aquatic with Jacques Bon Temps 120
- Yacht Cocks 2: Cruise Control 116*
- Omega Mu 112
- Los Bandeleros 110
- L. Ron Hubbard’s Diabetics 104
- We Once Were Champs 102
- There’s Always Money in the Banana Stand 95
- Your Sister Wouldn’t But Natalie Wood 92
- The Black Sheep Black Sheep 89
- HMS Popesack 89
- Pre-Teen PRegnancy Pact 87
- Synchronized Trampoline 84
- The Misfits 83
- At Least It’s Not a Duckboat 82
- Filthy Whore Reunion Tour 81
- Sunday Morning Sharktoberfest 77
- But My Mom Says I’m Cool 75
- Sailor Jerry Mapother 73
- Thug C*** 67
- But Seriously Sell Me Your Business So You Can Stop Being an Absentee Dad 62
- Crab Imperial 60
- The Se(a)men 58
- Soylent Green is Quizzo! 57
- Shart House 57
- University of Phoenix JV Team 51
- Electric Mayhem 32