Wow! What a week! First of all, Quiz on Your Face won in their first ever appearance at the Bards. Then we had one of the biggest upsets in quizzo history, as the Barstool Racers, who finished last two weeks ago (and have the My Little Pony coloring book to prove it), knocked off the Jams at the Rendezvous. Duane’s World (going by Eschaton) crushed the opposition at the Black Sheep, winning by 32. That perhaps got them fired up for THursday night, when they came from behind in the 4th round to edge the L. Ron Hubbard’s Diabetics at the Ugly American, 108-104, and end the Diabetics 8 game winning streak. That did not, however, affect our power rankings all that much. Here’s how they currently stand:
- L. Ron Hubbard’s Diabetics-They won 8 straight and carried a perfect score into round 4 last night, only missing two questions all game. This is simply the best team in quizzo.
- Duane’s World-To be the man, you gotta beat the man, and Duane’s World did just that. In addition, they blew the other squads out of the water at the Sheep. Of course, I’m a little bitter I had to pay them $35 last night. These Bounty Bowls are hurting my net income.
- Hurtin Bombs-A nice win Thursday, but whither the future of the Bombs? Rene (the guy who looks like Erik Estrada with a moustache) leaves town today, leaving the future of the squad up in the air.
- The Jams-Their worst performance in years drops them in the rankings. 74 points was a fluke, however. I expect them to bounce back big next week.
- Stimulate Your Prostate-The artists formerly known as the Sofa Kingdom simply haven’t been the same since Swanson left town. Koob and Nate are on the Atkins Diet: is it affecting their brains?
- Why’s John’s Rum Gone-There is a lot of parity at O’Neals, but out of several teams that are very close in talent, John’s Rum gets the edge.
- Quiz on Your Face-Have proven to be a real rival for the Jams, then went on the road and won at Bards. This is a team on the rise.
- Narcotyzing Dysfunktion-They could swing either way: Becoming the team to beat at Bards or take the rest of the summer off. We’ll see.
- Sir Lancelost-The team that always changes their name didn’t play this week, but in the two weeks previous they won at O’Neals and then Rendezvous, so they crack the top ten.
- Barstool Racers- An honorary degree, as their persistence and refusal to quit after numerous last place finishes finally paid off in a startling upset. An inspiration to us all.
Others receiving votes: Lambda, Savage Henry, Same Name as Last Week, 1022, Catdog, Axis of Evil Knieval