The Lovely Ginger and I kicked off the 2009 Pizza Hunt at Mamma Mia’s on 15th and Spruce. In addition to the Tomato Pie you see us eat here, I had the BBQ and she had the veggie. Both were solid choices, but it was the Tomato Pie that really gets top billing. As for the grading, we grade on a 5 pepperoni scale. Here’s how they rank.
- 5 pepperoni’s-The Perfect slice, perfect atmosphere, perfect service. Almost impossible.
- 4 pepperonis-An excellent slice, great atmosphere, impeccable service.
- 3 pepperonis-A very good slice, very good atmosphere, great service.
- 2 pepperonis-A decent slice, not a whole lot of atmosphere, decent service.
- 1 pepperonis-Move on, there’s nothing to eat here.
You can use halves, so a 4.5 would be almost perfect in every way, a 3.5 is great in every way, etc. (I am a tough grader. Only three out of 25 places even scored a 4 last time.) Judging the first one was a challenge, as it sets the tone for the rest, and so it probably gets graded tougher, but Mamma Mia’s was up to the challenge. Meet Mamma Mia’s owner, Sal, and see how his pie fared by watching the video. And let me know if you wanna grab and judge pizza soon.