Here are the power rankings as we head into 2013.
1. Steak Em Up (Bards). Still number 1, but they did finish 4th at the Bards on Thursday, as L. Ron crushed them. Great way to end the year.
2. Duane’s World (Black Sheep). Almost lost the number 2 spot, but they came from 12 down to win at the Sheep last Wednesday.
3. The Jams (Rendezvous). Darth Ern! Pete! Joe! Justin! The old Frank Clement’s crew played together last week and pulled off a big win at the Vous.
4. Why Can’t Us (Ugly American). A rapid climb up the charts, with two wins and a 2nd place finish in the past three weeks.
5. L. Ron Hubbard’s Diabetics (Bards). About time. They finally break out of their funk, missing only one question at a rousing defeat of Steak Em Up on Thursday night.
6. Bears Are Scared of Jazz Hands (O’Neals, UA). Two wins and a 2nd place finish in the past 3 weeks. This is the hottest this team has ever been. Can they keep it up?
7. Sidecardigans (Sidecar). Finally broke out of their funk a couple of weeks ago with a huge win at the Sidecar. Will they take their act on the road this week?
8. Madame Butterface (Rendezvous). A huge win for this franchise at the Christmas quiz a couple of weeks ago.
9. It’s Not Creepy if You Say it Right (Black Sheep). Always a contender at North Star, and looked to have a win locked up at the Sheep last week before a 4th round meltdown. Can they rebound from such a devastating loss?
10. 5 Finger Assprint (Sidecar). Sidecar regulars will need to take their act on the road to stay in the Top 10.
The rest of the Top 20.
11. Clown Question Bro
12. Flick My Bic
13. Interim Team Name
14. Happy Birthday to the Ground
15. Mysterious Mr. Mapother
16. Jitney Spears
18. Hooter and Chuff
20. Underground Bard