If you like sports and haven’t checked out our new sports blog yet, please give it a look. It’s getting rave reviews, and evven though I’m biased I think it’s pretty daggone cool. Some very interesting things on the site right now.
- On May 4th, 1980, Don Baylor batted out of order for the Dodgers against the Phils. He grounded into a force out. After Dallas Green complained, Baylor got to bat again and hit a home run. A very strange story with a twist ending. A must read.
- The Eagles drafted a 26-year old Canadian named Danny Watkins in the first round of the draft. Who knows if he’ll be a star or a bust, but I highly doubt the Birds picked him over 5 future Hall of Famers like they did in the 1983 draft.
- Raul Ibanez just ended an 0-35 streak, with a double last night preventing him from joining three Phils who held the record for most at bats w/o a hit at 36. Who were they, and which one later managed a team to two World Series wins? Find out here.
- What former Phillies pitcher pitched two 20-inning games in one year, including all 26 innings of the longest game in MLB history? The answer is here.
- The Bruins and Flyers are facing off in the playoffs. What happened when they faced each other in the 1974 Stanley Cup Finals?