Great event at Triumph Brewery. We had 15 teams, and we had a lot of fun. Herve Villechaize came away with a 97-92 win over Chowdershirt and the Emperor’s Club VIPs. Here’s the wild card round, “Beer in the Movies”. See how ya do. Answers after the jump:
- In what 1976 comedy classic does heavy drinker named Morris Buttermaker drive a bunch of 11 year old kids around drunk in his convertible?
- What brand of beer was being shipped east in the movie Smokey and the Bandit, since it was illegal in the eastern US at the time?
- In what 1986 cult classic would you hear the lines: “Heineken? F*** that s***! Pabst Blue Ribbon!”
- Nicholas Cage played the alcoholic, but who played the prostitute in Leaving Las Vegas?
- What was the name of the hardest drinking fraternity in film history, Animal House?
- This hard drinking poet and short story writer wrote the screenplay for a film called Barfly.
- What was the Irish sounding last name of the brothers in Strange Brew?
- The 1933 comedy The Fatal Glass of Beer stars this legend, who is glad he’s dead and not here.
- What was the name of the party where Frank the Tank goes streaking in Old School?
- In what beer comedy would you have found a drinking glass named Das Boot?
- Bad News Bears
- Blue Velvet
- Elisabeth Shue
- Delta Tau Chi
- Charles Bukowski
- WC Fields
- Mitch a palooza