- HOW TO GET TICKETS: Click here. There will be also be tickets at the door. However, I only have a certain amount of tables set up for teams. Once they are filled, doors close. I have about 220 sold and room for about 60 more people. To ensure yourself a seat, get your tickets now. If you are going to get your tickets there, I would suggest being there when doors open at 7 p.m. Online sales end tonight.
- WHERE: Legendary Blue Horizon (1314 North Broad Street) Cross street is Thompson, two blocks north of Girard. I will have cab numbers in the program so you can call for a cab after the event.
- WHEN: Tomorrow night! Doors open at 7 p.m., band comes on at 7:30 p.m., quizzo start at about 8:15 p.m.
- WHAT DO I GET FOR MY MONEY: For a mere $25, you get all you can drink Sly Fox (at least until we kick 6 kegs), Black Elvis, Chip Chantry, and the Legendary WID, probably my favorite comedian in Philly. Oh yeah, and a shot at the $1,000 purse. Also, I will have lots of gift certificates to give away in random drawings. In addition, the first 100 people through the door get a free copy of Mental Floss magazine. You will not find a better deal than this in Philadelphia this weekend. Or ever, for that matter.
- FOOD AND DRINK: Like I said, plenty of beer. Will also have several bottles of wine, for the
sissiesmore sophisticated palates. As far as food, I would suggest eating before you arrive. I will have soft pretzels, courtesy of the Philly Pretzel Factory, and some chips, but nothing too hearty. There will be also be food for sale at the afterparty.
- AFTERPARTY: Going down at the Urban Saloon. Great bar, if you haven’t already been. They are totally styling us out with $2.50 drafts and $3.50 imports and crafts. They will also have food for sale (they have good, inexpensive food).
- HOW DO I GET SO MUCH BANG FOR MY BUCK? Thanks to the sponsors on the right side of the page, we were able to keep prices extremely reasonable. I cannot thank them enough for their contributions to this event. I do ask that you please check them out when you get a chance.
Oh, and one more thing: I have known several member so the Burnin’ Loves since I was about 5 years old. So tomorrow night is your chance to find out what a
loser popular guy I was in high school. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask. This is gonna be a blast. Hope to see you there!