Let’s not kid ourselves. Yesterday was a disaster. The Cardinals simply came in with an amazing game plan, and the Eagles were playing catch up all game. There’s not much I can say that hasn’t already been said, but I’ve got a few thoughts:
- Anybody who thinks the loss was McNabb’s fault is a moron. He looked bad in the first half, sure. But he put on one of the great 2nd half performances in NFL history. 266 yards in a half against a defense that knew he was passing on every down is pretty impressive.
- Larry Fitzgerald is the best receiver in the NFL, and it’s not even close. Does Howard Eskin still not believe that receivers matter?
- Westbrook looked seriously injured the whole game, so why didn’t Buckhalter play more? He looked much better than Westbrook.
- Kurt Warner is now in the Hall of Fame.
- What was Asante Samuel laughing about moments after the game over? The rest of the team looked devastated, and Samuel is laughing his ass off, in a game in which he was humiliated by Fitzgerald. What a clown.
- Hate to say it, cause I don’t really feel like thinking about it right now, but this is a pretty compelling Super Bowl. Boldin should be healthy, and Kurt Warner is a lot better than Joe Flacco or Philip Rivers. I think this is going to be a closer game than people think.
- Your thoughts? Leave ’em below.