It is amazing that the Eagles have had a chance in so many close games and blown almost every one in the final minute of the 4th quarter. This team is awfully reminiscent of the 2007 Mets. Consider:
- Week 1 vs. Green Bay: The team muffs two punts, including one in Packer territory with less than a minute to go, to lose 19-16.
- Week 2 vs. Washington: Eagles drive deep into Redskin territory in the final minute with a chance to tie, but turn the ball over on downs.
- Week 7 vs. Bears: Give up a 97 yard drive to Brian freaking Griese and allow a touchdown with :11 seconds to play to lose the game.
- Week 12 vs. Patriots: Driving for winning score with a little over three minutes left when AJ Feeley throws a terrible pass into the back of the end zone and they lose, 31-28.
- Week 13 vs. Seahawks: Team has the ball at Seahawk 13 with under thirty seconds to play, when AJ Feeley decides to throw the ball to Lofa Tatupu for the 3rd time.
Of these five chokes, McNabb can be directly blamed for maybe one, the Redskin loss. But, oh yeah, he’s the main problem for this team, the reason they’re so bad. Get him out of here. Oh, here’s another interesting stat. McNabb has thrown 6 interceptions this season in 10 games, Feeley has thrown 9 INTs in 3 games. But no, Eagle fans, you’re right, we’ll be better off without McNabb. Good point.