What is quizzo?
Quizzo is a bar game that seems to have originated in Ireland and made it’s way here to Philadelphia. There are different versions of it at different bars. Here’s the way mine works:
- There are five rounds, with eight questions in each round.
- The first round is the easy round. All of the questions are relatively easy and are worth one point apiece.
- The second round is the 50/50 round or speed round. Each question only has two possible answers and each question is worth two points apiece, or you have to write down 8 answers in 2 minutes.
- The third round is the audio round. There will be 8 audio clips played, and you’ll need to write down the name of the movie, group, song, etc., depending on the topic.
- The fourth round is is the wild card round. There is a different topic each week and each question is worth four points apiece.
- The fifth round is the impossible round. The questions are tougher, and they are worth 5 points apiece. Taken together, there is a maximum of 130 points possible.
Has there ever been a perfect score?
Yes, there have a few, but it is exceedingly rare. The first two were recorded by the Sofa Kingdom in 2005 and the Narcotyzing Dysfunktion in September of 2008. Both perfect scores took place at the Bards, long renowned as a pitcher’s ballpark.
Is your real name Johnny Goodtimes?
Yes. Johnny Wood Goodtimes, IV, to be precise.
How long have you been doing this?
I started at Nick’s Roast Beef in 2003. When I started I was doing a sports quizzo as sort of a hobby. I’ve been doing it full time since March of 2004.
Have any of the answers to your questions ever been wrong? No, Johnny Goodtimes is infallible.
What do I get for winning?A gift certificate to the bar and, more importantly, the glory that comes with a photo on the website.
Are you as sexy as you look on the website?I’m even sexier in person. I was recently voted “Philadelphia’s Sexiest Man.”
Oh. Hey, did you really train dolphins?
Yes, I worked for Dolphin Quest in Hawaii from 1998-2000.
Why would you move here from Hawaii?
Because I’m a moron.
Do you do parties?
Yes, Johnny will liven up any office event, private party, wedding, or soccer riot with a special quizzo for the occasion. For more info, click here.