2nd Place: Jitney Spears 101
3rd Place: McWolfe 96
2nd Place: Tooth Wind and Fire 101
3rd Place: Nuclear Option in Your Mouth 91
2nd Place: Happy B-Day to the Ground 81
3rd Place: Sarah Can Suck It! 79
Let’s Talk Turkey Round
1. What is the flap of skin under a turkeys chin (it rhymes with “bottle”)?
2. What ACC college football team’s official team name is the Fightin’ Gobblers, with a turkey for a mascot (though they go by a different nickname)?
3. What is a male turkey called (other than a gobbler)?
4. Male turkeys gobble. What sound do female turkeys make?
a) clicking b) chirping c) whooping d) nagging
5. What lady, famous for her Christmas cards, created a painting called Thanksgiving Turkey that is currently at the Metropolitan Museum?
6. What is a female turkey called?
7. According to Butterball, when the breast is at what temperature should you take a turkey out of the oven?
a) 145 degrees b) 165 degrees c) 185 degrees d) 205 degrees
8. What founding father wanted the turkey to be the national bird, writing that the Eagle was a coward?
9. What dish, often prepared with turkey, is cooked in a parmesan sauce and is named after an Italian opera star?
10. Who was pardoning a turkey while another one behind her was being executed in 2008?
11. On what 1970s sitcom would you have heard the famous line, “As God as my witness, I thought turkeys could fly?”
12. What brand has called itself “America’s leading turkey alternative since 1995″?
13. Triptophan is one of the 9 of these that humans must consume in their diets.
14. This was one of Stuart Little’s best friends, voiced by Don Knotts in a 2005 film.
15. What is the capital of Turkey?
…then I’ve got good news. I recently made a small investment in a clothing store called Pro League Authentics, located on 13th Street, between Walnut and Sansom. I’m pretty excited about the opportunity: I’m teaming up with my buddy Brian who runs Phillies Nation and several of his friends, and we’re kicking things off in the ultimate trial by fire…we’re taking over the store on Black Friday. Yeah, it’s going to be complete madness, and there is a decent chance of a train wreck. But since train wrecks are more fun for you, the customer, why not stop by?
Ultimately, we want to build a sports shop that is unlike anything seen in the city. We’ve got some pretty exciting ideas that I will be bombarding you with over the coming months. But in the meantime, our Black Friday sale will include free Phillies stickers, and $50 will get you a $60 gift card, and $100 will get you a $125 gift card. And yeah, I’ll be around for at least part of the day. So come on by and hang out and check out some cool Phillies gear. See ya there!
Yes, we will have our regularly scheduled programming tonight. We start at the Vous at 6:15 p.m. $3 Corona Lights, and $2 Coors Extra Gold Cans. On to Black Sheep at 8 p.m. A couple of rounds (but not all) inspired by Thanksgiving. See ya tonight!
Quizzo tonight. O’Neals at 8 p.m. City Tap House at 10:30. Great beer specials at both spots. And a few (though not all) questions inspired by the holiday. See ya tonight!
What man walked into a Philadelphia studio in 1974 with $900 in his pocket and walked out with the #1 hit “Be Thankful for What You Got”?
This week at quizzo, I asked the following question: What is the name of the new Japanese Game Show in which gay men try to bring straight men to climax? The answer was Orgasm Wars. Very few teams got it right, but just about everyone took a guess at it. Here are a few of those guesses:
Hole in the Wall
Happy Fun Man Hour
Homo Erect Us
Cum to Daddy
Pressure Cooker Man Challenge
Wan Dick Lo!
Johnny Goodtimes Quizzo