Chip Chantry and I are hosting a comedy/variety show tonight at Good Good Comedy Theatre at 9 p.m. You should be there!
1) It’s going to be a very good show. Chip and I both take pride in putting on a solid show, though we already did most of the legwork: we’ve got two extremely funny comedians for the show and a terrific musical guest. This is gonna be a lot of fun. You’ll also get to hear us talk about the time we did a comedy show in the midst of a riot.
2) Our musical guest is Kenn Kweder, m****r f*****s! As most of you know by now, Chip and I are huge Kweder fans, and we’re psyched out of our minds to have a rock legend with us for the first show. Here’s an interview I did with him a few years ago. Truly a Philly icon.
3) Come see Abby Rosenquist perform. She was the winner of Philly’s Funniest 2017 at Helium, and she is hilarious. We’ll also have the very funny Andrew Orolfo out of San Fran opening the show.
4) Check out the Good Good Comedy Theatre. If you haven’t been here yet, you really should. Started a couple of years ago after founders Aaron Nevins and Kate Banford raised the money via kickstarter, it is a really, really cool place to see a show, and proof that Philly’s underground comedy scene is alive and well. And it’s right in the heart of Chinatown, so you can grab something awesome to eat right before or after the show.
5) Support me, you bastards! What do you think I am, some sort of trivia robot, only existing to rattle off questions to you all the time? You think that’s all I’m capable of? (Smacks you). I’m a man, damnit! With feelings! And other, non trivia-specific skills! (Also, because let’s face it all you care about is trivia, there will be a trivia element to the show.)
Action starts at 9 p.m. at Good Good Comedy Theatre. Hope to see you there!