Let’s Talk Turkey Round
1. What is the flap of skin under a turkeys chin (it rhymes with “bottle”)?
2. What ACC college football team’s official team name is the Fightin’ Gobblers, with a turkey for a mascot (though they go by a different nickname)?
3. What is a male turkey called (other than a gobbler)?
4. Male turkeys gobble. What sound do female turkeys make?
a) clicking b) chirping c) whooping d) nagging
5. What lady, famous for her Christmas cards, created a painting called Thanksgiving Turkey that is currently at the Metropolitan Museum?
6. What is a female turkey called?
7. According to Butterball, when the breast is at what temperature should you take a turkey out of the oven?
a) 145 degrees b) 165 degrees c) 185 degrees d) 205 degrees
8. What founding father wanted the turkey to be the national bird, writing that the Eagle was a coward?
9. What dish, often prepared with turkey, is cooked in a parmesan sauce and is named after an Italian opera star?
10. Who was pardoning a turkey while another one behind her was being executed in 2008?
11. On what 1970s sitcom would you have heard the famous line, “As God as my witness, I thought turkeys could fly?”
12. What brand has called itself “America’s leading turkey alternative since 1995″?
13. Triptophan is one of the 9 of these that humans must consume in their diets.
14. This was one of Stuart Little’s best friends, voiced by Don Knotts in a 2005 film.
15. What is the capital of Turkey?