Thought I’d post some of the questions from last week’s Ultimate Music Quiz. I think it was a pretty good one. I’ll post the video round on it’s own. Round Four was a live music round (Reef and I rapping Rock n Roll classics) and I won’t be posting that.
1. The #1 song on Billboard right now is Truth Hurts, by what artist?
2. In what Broadway musical will you hear the song Joseph Smith American Moses?
3. In what city did Kanye West start his career?
4. The Righteous Brothers released the single, Hung On You in 1965, but it was a flop. DJs preferred the B side, a cover of a 1955 song from a prison movie. What was it?
5. This woman’s Love to Love You Baby was banned by the BBC when was released, due to its sexual overtones and 17 minute running time.
***6. The name of the debut Metallica album was originally going to be Metal Up Your Arse. What did they change the name to?
7. UFOs are in the news right now, because of video released by Tom DeLonge. DeLonge was formerly a member of what band?
8. Otis Williams is the last suriviving member of what iconic Motown group, whose hits included Just My Imagination.
ROUND TWO Name that artist. I give you their real name and where they’re from, you tell me their stage name.
1. Chan Marshall, Atlanta
2. Farouk Balsara, Zanzibar
3. Alecia Moore, Doylestown
4. Aubrey Graham, Toronto
5. Enrique Morales, San Juan
6. Anna Mae Bullock, Tennessee
7. Richard Melville Hall, Harlem
8. Reginald Dwight, England
ROUND THREE VIDEO (Name the artist or group)
ROUND FIVE Impossible
1. Radiohead got their name from a 1986 song by what group?
2. What group from Newark released their major labor debut, Three Cheers for Sweet Revenge, in 2004?
3. Chuck Berry only had one single go to #1 on the charts, and it was a 1972 novelty song. What was it?
4. What woman is the first and thus far only artist born in the 2000s to have a #1 single in the United States?
5. When it was released in 1977, the album Two the Hard Way by a group billed as Greg Allman and Woman was a dismal critical and commerical failure. Who was the woman?
6. Backstreet Boys second album was titled Backstreet’s Back. What was their 3rd album called?
7. The Doors were the house band at this legendary LA venue; other groups to play here include Led Zeppelin, Guns n Roses, and No Doubt.
***8. What British group released the album Welcome to the Pleasuredome in 1984 and what American group released the single Welcome to the Terrordome in 1990?
- Book of Mormon
- Unchained Melody
- Donna Summer
- Kill Em All
- Blink 182
- Cat Power
- Freddie Mercury
- Ricky Martin
- Tina Turner
- Moby (he’s a descendant of Herman Melville)
- Elton John
- Billy Squier
- Eric Prydz (partial credit for Steve Windwood)
- Crazy Frog
- Steel Panther
- Kings of Leon
- Eiffel 65
- Talking Heads
- My Chemical Romance
- My Ding a Ling
- Billie Eilish
- Whiskey a GoGo
- Frankie Goes to Hollywood; Public Enemy