Answers are Below.
Speed Round: According to the dailymeal.com, list 8 of the 12 most popular Thanksgiving sides (and it doesn’t include gravy as a side).
Wild Card Round: Thanksgiving Round.
1. What 19th century president was the first to declare Thanksgiving a national holiday?
2. The greatest Thanksgiving movie of all time is Planes, Tranes and Automobiles. Who were the two stars of that film?
3. What 18 minute Arlo Guthrie song had lyrics that began on Thanksgiving two years ago?
4. What country celebrates their Thanksgiving, Erntedankfest, in early October?
5. What short story writer, who wrote The Gift of the Magi, once called Thanksgiving “The one day that is purely American”?
6. What two NFL teams play a home game every Thanksgiving?
7. Who famously gave an interview in front of a turkey being slaughtered in 2008?
8. 2013 brought the very rare coincidence of Thanksgiving and this religious holiday.
SPEED ROUND ANSWERS: Corn on the cob, glazed carrots, candied yams, creamed spinach, brussell sproutes, sweet potato casserole, green bean casserole, cranberry sauce, rolls, mac and cheese, stuffing, mashed potatoes
WILD CARD ROUND ANSWERS:
- Abe Lincoln
- Steve Martin, John Candy
- “Alice’s Restaurant”
- O Henry
- Cowboys, Lions
- Sarah Palin