They’re back! After a long hiatus, it was time to give some teams the respect they deserved. And also, regretfully, to include the Jesters. These rankings do NOT take into account last night’s results.
1. Jitney Spears (Black Sheep). Have answered 78 of their past 80 questions correctly, and also won at Sidecar last week. This team is on fire.
2. Jesters of Tortuga (City Tap). Their lack of New Jersey knowledge was exposed last week, but they did win twice the week before.
3. Savage Ear (O’Neals). Two straight wins at O’Neals sends the Ear flying up the charts.
T-4. #1 Government Team Competitor (Locust Rendezvous). Tied with Superfluity the past two weeks at the Vous. Tie again in the standings.
T-4. Superfluity (Locust Rendezvous). Tied with #1 Government Team Competitor the past weeks at the Vous. Tie again in the standings.
6. Must Love Pogs (Black Sheep). Kenney of the Jesters has assembled a crack team at the Sheep, and they were giving Duane’s World fits before Jitney ran wild these past two weeks.
7. Surly Rabbits (Industry). Two wins in a month gets the rabbits into the Top 10.
8. Ruby Tuesdays (Industry) A win at Industry this past week coupled with a 115 last week at the Sheep (in a 3rd place finish) puts the Tuesdays on the map.
9. Duane’s World (Black Sheep) After a 54-point win in late August, these perennial top-fivers have been struggling at the Sheep.
10. Synchronized Trampoline (Locust Rendezvous) Two wins in the past five weeks have the Trampoline rounding out the top 10.
Others receiving votes: Encyclopedophiles, Inkspot, Stillmaniacs, Underground Bard, Hooter and Chuff, Why Can’t Us, Exhausted Nihilists, In the Lead, We’re Kind of a Mess