Here’s a really good one I did last week. The questions aren’t all Christmas related, but at least one word in each answer ties in with all of the other answers, and the theme for what they all have in common is Christmas. See if you can figure out what it is. Answers are after the jump.
1. In what state will you find the town of Santa Claus?
2. What president died in office in August of 1923?
3. In what year did Michael Jackson unveil the moonwalk, Return of the Jedi was released, and Kate Bosworth was born?
4. What kind of sauce used in Chinese restaurants is usually made from apricots, sugar, vinegar, chilies, and ginger?
5. This teen sitcom aired on FOX from 1990 to 1993 and starred Corin Nemec.
6. This man , whose last name is Couture, is widely credited with bringing UFC into the mainstream. What’s his first name?
7. In what sport will you find practices known as “Two-a-days”?
8. Formerly Bic’s slogan, it’s also the name of their website.
9. One of the most notorious stagecoach robbers of the 19th century, it’s also the nickname of a pirate and the name of a pro wrestler.
10. If you mix sugar, butter, milk, and chocolate to the soft ball stage at 240 degrees, what do you get?
Bonus. What does at least one word in each answer have in common with all of the others?
- Warren G. Harding
- Parker Lewis Can’t Lose
- Flick my Bic
- Black Bart
BONUS: What do they all have in common?
They are all found in A Christmas Story
It took place in Indiana.
They went to Warren G. Harding School.
It was released in 1983.
They eat duck in the final scene.
Their last name is Parker.
Randy is Ralphie’s brother.
Ralphie tells Santa he wants a football.
Flick gets his tongue stuck to the pole.
“Alright, Black Bart, now you get yours.”
“Oh fudge. Only I didn’t say fudge. I said THE WORD. The big one.”
Tip of the cap to Mackey, a quizmaster in Williamsport, who inspired the round.