Fairly quiet night of quizzo at the Bards last night. About 30 people playing, pretty chill night. And then Norm MacDonald, who is performing at Helium all weekend, decided to swing by. He played with my buddy John McKeever (who you may recognize as part of Bird Text, the dudes who did Real Househusbands of Philadelphia and My Girl Got Burrelled), who is hosting at Helium this week, and John’s wife. They actually did pretty damn well, finishing tied for 2nd. Therefore we had a tiebreaker for second…done with Rock Paper Scissors. Norm’s dreams of winning the $20 gift certificate for second place were denied however, as he lost a best two out of three. Before he left he came over to me and said, “Hey man, that was a lot of fun,” then gave me a fist bump. Pretty freaking cool.
Oh-ho-ho my goodness. Looks like you've reached the home of Philadelphia's only true man of leisure, Johnny Goodtimes. On this site you'll find the results of my weekly quizzoes, I'll show you some of the strangest and most interesting spots on the web, and you can read my rants and praise for this city, the people in it, and the sports teams that play here
- Sharon T on Pics and Scores of This Week’s WInners
- Michael Pollack on Pics and Scores of This Week’s WInners
- Ben on 3 Simple Ideas That Will Make the Olympics 100 Times Better
- PalestraJon on 3 Simple Ideas That Will Make the Olympics 100 Times Better
- Ben on The Best Little Whorehouse in Philly…in 1849