Here’s last night’s wild card round. Answers are after the jump.
1. What was the name of the boxer nicknamed Hurricane who was “falsely tried”?
2. Hurricane Irene is circling counterclockwise because it’s in the northern hemisphere. What is this effect known as?
3. This man, who directed Stage Coach and The Man WHo Shot Liberty Valance, directed a 1937 film called Hurricane.
4. Who had a hit with the song “Rock You Like a Hurricane”?
5. Hurricane centers tend to have lower measurements of AP, which is short for this.
6. In what city do the Carolina Hurricanes play their home games?
7. What alcohol will you find in a New Orleans Hurricane?
8. Who directed a documentary about Hurricane Katrina called When the Levees Broke?
9. What Texas city was devastated by a hurricane in 1900?
10. In the 1960s and 70s, the federal government tried to weaken hurricanes by doing this to clouds.
Bonus: Category Five is the highest category for a hurricane. It starts with winds at _______ miles per hour?
- Rubin Carter
- Coriolis Effect
- John Ford
- Atmospheric Pressure
- Spike Lee
- Galveston (above)
- 156 mph