Stars of the Movie “Cleopatra” Quiz
Here’s the wild card round from Friday night’s event at the Franklin.
- Liz Taylor has been married to 7 different men. One point apiece: Name them.
- Liz Taylor and Richard Burton also both starred in this 1966 film, based on the 1962 Edward Albee play.
- Joseph Mankiewicz directed Cleopatra. He also directed this 1950 film, which starred Bette Davis and George Sanders and won for Best Picture, Best Director, and Best Actor.
- Rex Harrison stars as Julius Caesar. 4 years later, he starred in this comedy, which was redone in 1998 with Eddie Murphy as the star.
- Pamela Brown played the High Priestess in Cleopatra. Three years later, she reprised her role in this musical comedy.
- Hume Cronyn, who played Sosigenes, later appeared as Justice Rosenberg in this 1993 film that starred Julia Roberts and Denzel Washington.
- Cesare Danova played Apollodorus. In 1978, he played Mayor Carmine DePasto, memorably uttering the lines, “Look these parades you throw are very expensive. So if you mention extortion again, I’ll have your legs broken.”
- This actor, who played Rufio, is still making movies. In 1993 he played Bela Lugosi in Ed Wood, and in ’96 he played Geppetto in the adventures of Pinocchio.
- Roddy McDowell played Octavius. He later starred in this 1972 classic that featured Gene Hackman and Ernest Borgnine.
- Carol O’Connor had a bit part as Casca. He is of course better known for playing what television icon a decade later?
- Nicky Hilton, Michael Wilding, Michael Todd, Eddie Fisher, Richard Burton, John Warner, Larry Fortensky
- Who’s Afraid of Virginia Woolf
- All About Eve
- Dr. Doolittle
- A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum
- Pelican Brief
- Animal House
- Martin Landau
- Poseidon Adventure
- Archie Bunker
This entry was posted in Tough questions
. Bookmark the permalink